On a basic chemical level, our product is a polymerized methyl methacrylate (PMMA). To add scratch- and impact-resistance, the polymer is slightly modified from its base formula. This delivers enhanced performance without changings the product’s environmental profile:
- Our product is 100% recyclable. Because it can be reverse engineered and then re-polymerized, the base material can be repurposed with a cost-effective method.
- Our solid acrylic does NOT contain plasticizers. Plasticizers are known to have a disturbing effect on the endocrine system — especially for children and newborns.
- Our solid acrylic contains no Bisphenol A (BPA). This chemical can bind to estrogen receptors and displace the natural hormone.
- There are no paints, lacquers, formaldehyde, or adhesives in our product.
- There are no contaminants that might result in the release of harmful gases.
- Our material meets all the requirements set forth in ISO14001.